Summary of Position:
The Sales Representative will sell pumps, mechanical seals, seal support systems, various fluid sealing devices and AFT Services to existing and new customers, as well as promote AFT products and services, and demonstrate a value proposition to our customers by establishing long-term business relationships focusing on both Customer Facilities and Engineering Companies.
- Visit customers to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales
- Maintain customer records using AES Database and other automated systems
- Answer customers’ questions regarding AFT products and services
- Contact new or existing customers to discuss how specific products or services can meet their needs
- Emphasize product features, based on analyses of customer needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Select or assist customers in selecting products based on customer needs, product specifications and applicable regulations
- Prepare sales presentations or proposals to explain product specs or applications
- Complete expense reports, sales reports or other requested paperwork
- Verify delivery schedules meet project deadlines
- Identify prospective customers, using business directories, existing customer leads, participation in organizations, trade show or conference attendance
- Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to purchased products
- Collaborate with AFT sales team to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information
- Provide customers with ongoing technical support and advise on product usage to improve production
- Study documentation or other information for new technical products
- Stock or distribute resources, such as samples or promotional or education materials
- Demonstrate the operation or use of technical products for customers
- Provide feedback to the product design teams so that products can be tailored to the clients’ needs
- Arrange for installation and testing of products or services
- Obtain blueprints or specs for use in bid preparation
- Verify accuracy of materials listed
- Work with AFT Customer Service to estimate or quote prices and delivery dates
- Conduct root cause failure of analysis of failed product and provides Seal Failure reports to customers in a timely manner, reports shall be emailed to customer no later than Friday of the week the failure occurred.
- Develop working relationships with every level of customer organization
- Provide daily report to manager summarizing activities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business administration, experience may be substituted for education.
- Good understanding of engineering principles, the ability to read and understand material specifications
- 2 years experience in sales directly related to mechanical seals or pumps
- Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Day travel (minimal overnight travel may also be required)
- Ability to lift 75lbs